Monday, January 28, 2013

Windows and doors

Seems we spend a great deal of time enjoying the scenery here in Hof, but we also spend some time studying for lessons and visiting members.  The scenery is just a bit more enjoyable.  Maybe I shouldn't say that!

Last week we both gave lessons in Institute and neither of us felt we did too well.  I keep getting frustrated with the language and then losing my train of thought.  This week we get a reprieve because the Stake President is coming and he will give the lesson.  I am making chili for 15 people and the only pot I have will hold enough for about 6 so I have to be creative.  Any suggestions?

Dave has been spending a bit of free time painting.  Last weekend we walked all over taking pictures of doors and windows.  He did a painting of an old wall with two windows and then an old wooden 'falling apart' door.  Now he will paint some of the really cool good looking doors and windows to make a set.  The branch in Plauen is having a talent show Saturday and he will show those paintings.  My talent is making brownies and since they usually don't have this treat they won't know whether it is good or not so good.  I have it made.

So here are the best windows and doors.
This is the door on the St. Lorenz church.  We have yet to be inside.
This is the one he chose to paint.
Our apartment door is really old and historic.  Glad the insides are not as old.
This one is on a n old building but more modern.
Our apartment building again.
Top floor of one around the corner.
Fancy stuff on a new building.

2 comments:

  1. I like the window and door pics. Thanks for sharing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to hear about your adventures! Still have the beautiful picture of the Turm in Chemnitz Elder Montgomery painted for me back in the day :).

    ReplyDelete